Beuth Hochschule für Technik Berlin was the name given on 1 April 2009 to the Technische Fachhochschule Berlin (TFH), the historic University of Applied Sciences situated in the heart of the German capital. Our motto ‘Study the Future!’ perfectly encapsulates our aims. Beuth Hochschule für Technik exemplifies practical hands-on teaching and applied research. The University was named after Christian Peter Wilhelm Beuth, who is the founder of the German engineering education system – an ideal choice for an innovative educational institute with historic roots. The roots of the University date back to the 19th century, but its present form was established in 1971 by amalgamating several engineering colleges, including the Beuth Engineering School.
Beuth Hochschule für Technik offers the widest range of courses in applied engineering, applied sciences and applied economics in the whole region. The high quality of the courses is reflected in the numerous prizes awarded for excellent degree results. There are over 70 accredited and innovative Bachelor and Masters courses at Beuth Hochschule für Technik, some of which are available online or as dual courses.
- Institute for Distance Learning
- FB I Economics and Social Sciences
- FB II Mathematics - Physics - Chemistry
- FB III Civil Engineering and Geoinformatics
- FB IV Architecture and Building Engineering
- FB V Life Sciences and Technology
- FB VI Information Technology and Media
- FB VII Electrical Engineering and Precision Engineering
- FB VIII Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineering and Environmental Engineering
More than 30% of the 12,500 students at Beuth Hochschule für Technik are women. The practical, top-quality courses, leading to professional qualifications, demonstrate the University’s cutting-edge profile. Prospective students join an outstanding university and our industrial partners worldwide gain the benefit of our practical expertise.