The certificate course Energy Policy and Economic Framework is also offered as a module as part of the MBA Renewables online study programme.
This executive online programme provides a comprehensive understanding of various aspects related to energy policy and focusses on the transition to a green energy industry.
It covers a wide range of related topics such as the global energy landscape, renewable energy technologies, the dynamics of energy transitions, and the impacts of global climate change. It delves into the significance of energy policy, exploring different policy instruments and the importance of energy efficiency.
The certificate course Energy Policy and Economic Framework also offers insights into advanced topics, including the role of hydrogen, the sustainability of mineral resources in the energy transition, and the recyclability of key renewable energy technologies (solar, wind, and batteries).
A detailed course description is available for download.
Through this executive programme, you will gain valuable knowledge about the complexities of energy markets, international climate policies, and the political frameworks shaping the adoption of renewable energy solutions.
The certificate course Energy Policy and Economic Framework is ecpecially suitable for:
- policy advisors and analysts,
- consultants working in the energy sector, or
- (renewable) energy industry professionals,
who are interested in understanding and contributing to the development of effective energy policies for the energy transition.
It is also offered as part of the MBA Renewables study programme. Therefore, students receive a certificate from the university and 5 ECTS credits upon successful completion of this course.
€1,300 (examination fees included)
Next start: 1 December 2023 (Deadline for application: 30 November 2023)
Duration: 2 months
Dates: 01 December 2023 – 31 January 2024
Workload and its composition: 125 h (100 h self-study; 25 h contact time)
Teaching and learning methods: Online distance learning (online lectures, forums, chat and messaging, self-study, exercises, video podcasts)
Credit Points: 5 ECTS credits
Examination: Written Assignment
Certification: Certificate after successful completion of the course
E-learning platform: Moodle (powered by Berlin University of Applied Sciences)
To register for this MBA Renewables certificate course, please submit the following documents:
- CV in English
- Letter of motivation in English (maximum 1 page)
- Certificate of English skills* (please provide certified copies**)
A first university degree or professional experience are not required for taking the certificate courses of the MBA Renewables programme.
* Valid English Language Tests as a Precondition
As a proof we accept qualifications based on the ‘Common European Framework of Reference for Languages’ (Independent User B2) such as, for instance, the TOEFL or IELTS. You do not need to prove your English skills if you are a native speaker, or if English is the official language in your home country. Students who completed a first degree in English do not need to submit proof of English-language level proficiency.
** Valid Authentication Authorities
- the schools or universities who issued them, or the relevant Department of Education in your home country
- the Diplomatic Missions to the Federal Republic of Germany
- the Culture Department at the Embassy of the country the certificate was issued in
- the authorities and notaries authorized to carry out official authentications in the country in question
- in Germany, any public authority that holds an official seal is allowed to officially authenticate documents.
- Access to a computer with reliable internet connection and a speed of at least 2 Mbit/s.
- An e-mail account that is frequently checked.
- A headset or speakers to listen to presentations.
- For online lectures: access to zoom.
Lecturer: Toby Couture
Toby Couture is Director of Renewable Energy at E3 Analytics, an international energy consultancy based in Berlin, Germany.
Toby Couture has over a decade of experience in the renewable energy and energy efficiency sectors and has advised senior policymakers and regulators in over thirty countries around the world. This includes a number of projects with leading international organizations, including ECREEE, IRENA, GIZ, the IFC, UNDP, and UNIDO.
Mr. Couture is a native speaker of both French and English, is semi-fluent in Spanish and German and has varying levels of fluency in Greek and Swahili. He is a previous recipient of the Fulbright Scholarship, has studied renewable energy finance in France, has a Master’s degree in Environmental Policy from the University of Moncton in Canada, as well as an MSc. in Financial and Commercial Regulation from the London School of Economics in the UK.