The certificate course Entrepreneurship is also offered as a module as part of the MBA Renewables online study programme.
This executive online programme delves into the fundamentals of entrepreneurship with a focus on the green energy business.
Starting with an introduction to essential terminology and the driving force behind entrepreneurship, it progresses to illuminate the crucial aspects of business model creation and entrepreneurial market analysis.
Emphasizing effective communication and strategic public relations through surveys, it provides a thorough understanding of the intricacies of funding a business and the art of enterprise management.
With a focus on sustainability, it navigates the terrain of sustainable entrepreneurship, culminating in a detailed exploration of various business opportunities and models within the solar photovoltaic industry.
A detailed course description is available for download.
By the end of this course, you will be able to articulate entrepreneurial ventures with finesse, employing creative strategies to cultivate innovation and cultivate novel business models.
You will confidently define and interpret crucial facets of entrepreneurial marketing, financing, and organizational structures.
Moreover, you will be adept at assessing and determining the viability of fresh business and innovation concepts within the realm of green energy.
This executive online course is designed for MBA Renewables students. As a certificate course it is in particular suitable for:
- Entrepreneurs interested in doing businesses in the renewable energy sector;
- Start-up founders in the green energy industry; or
- Managers who want to broaden their understanding of the entrepreneurial aspects.
€1,500 (examination fees included)
Next start: 01 June 2024
Duration: 2 months
Dates: 01 June 2024 – 31 July 2024
Workload and its composition: 125 h (100 h self-study; 25 h contact time)
Teaching and learning methods: Online distance learning (online lectures, forums, chat and messaging, self-study, exercises, video podcasts)
Credit Points: 5 ECTS credits
Examination: Written Assignment
Certification: Certificate after successful completion of the course
E-learning platform: Moodle (powered by Berlin University of Applied Sciences)
To register for this MBA Renewables certificate course, please submit the following documents:
- CV in English
- Letter of motivation in English (maximum 1 page)
- Certificate of English skills* (please provide certified copies**)
A first university degree or professional experience are not required for taking the certificate courses of the MBA Renewables programme.
* Valid English Language Tests as a Precondition
As a proof we accept qualifications based on the ‘Common European Framework of Reference for Languages’ (Independent User B2) such as, for instance, the TOEFL or IELTS. You do not need to prove your English skills if you are a native speaker, or if English is the official language in your home country. Students who completed a first degree in English do not need to submit proof of English-language level proficiency.
** Valid Authentication Authorities
- the schools or universities who issued them, or the relevant Department of Education in your home country
- the Diplomatic Missions to the Federal Republic of Germany
- the Culture Department at the Embassy of the country the certificate was issued in
- the authorities and notaries authorized to carry out official authentications in the country in question
- in Germany, any public authority that holds an official seal is allowed to officially authenticate documents.
- Access to a computer with reliable internet connection and a speed of at least 2 Mbit/s.
- An e-mail account that is frequently checked.
- A headset or speakers to listen to presentations.
- For online lectures: access to zoom.
Lecturer: ALEXANDER HAFERLAND
Alexander Haferland works as Chief Technology Officer at urban energy GmbH. His core expertise lies in the areas of leadership, technology and innovation. Moreover, he is engaged academic research and digital innovation projects in the area of renewable energies, agriculture and archaeology.
Since 2005 Mr. Haferland has been working in project management and leadership positions across different industries. Within these roles he has been responsible for strategic and innovative projects in the areas of information technology, agile and lean management. Since 2012 Mr. Haferland is working in the energy sector on the grid integration of renewable energies as well as supporting clean tech startups.
Mr. Haferland holds a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree in Renewables and a Bachelor of Engineering (B.-Eng.) degree in Communication Systems.